Tuesday, July 05, 2011

A Chat With Jim Hillin -- Part II

And we continue our conversation about computer imaging and animation in the 21st century, also where the business has recently been ... and might be going ...

TAG Interview with Jim Hillin

Find all TAG Interviews on the TAG website at this link

Mr. Hillin is somber about c.g.i. work that has been migrating overseas. (I'm a little more optimistic about stateside staffing; apologies in advance if you find I talk too much. These things are unedited ...)

5 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

I noticed I have an animation cel/s of that same scene from BraveStarr in my collection, though I suppose it's one of those stock poses they used in many episodes!

Anonymous said...

If that cell is in your "collection" you officially do not have a "collection"

Chris Sobieniak said...

Probably not, but it's something, if only to me.

Anonymous said...

Chris is right, of course. I have a dozen cels from Thief and the Cobbler--in perfect shape. And no animation dealer has ever been interested in them--because they couldn't sell them. They're not "famous" enough.

36 field, top pegged, mostly hand inked...at least one cel of each major character and a few dual setups (these are from pre-1985 scenes). I think I'll hang onto them. The film is a mess, but the artwork is very nice!

Mike said...

Hey Steve,
Just wanted to throw in some thanks for posting these interviews. You're becoming a better interviewer as you go, and I hope there's many more on the way. Kudos.

Site Meter